i'm sloane & i like to look at things and read things and go places that may or may not exist.
5:24 pm 51 notes
5:23 pm 104 notes
8:00 pm 7,608 notes
Piotr Stachiewicz (Polish, 1858-1938)
12 months - full set from “Boży rok”, where each illustration was based on proverbs and saints associated with the month.
11:02 am 176 notes
Do you love me? How much do you love me? How long will you love me?
10:26 am 14,621 notes
Favourite animators: Shinya Ohira (大平晋也)
- Strongly influenced by early Disney, Ohira is a living contradiction: a full animator in a country of limited animation. He is the most iconoclastic incarnation of the new realism in anime, creating a gritty, sensual realism as opposed to the clean and restrained realism of Omohide Poroporo or Jin-Roh.
- Ohira focuses on creating fluid and realistic movement full of superfluous action to the point of relegating shape and character design to jagged, wildly undulating lines. (anipages)
- Creator Spotlight: Ohira Shinya
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.6 - Shinya Ohira’s Surrealist Animation
- More scenes animated by Shinya Ohira: MAD by BlueSakuga (HD), Flipbook Sakuga
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also directed one of the Genius Party short films - “Wanwa the Puppy”
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles!
The one and only Shinya Ohira
7:27 pm 8 notes
3:03 pm 51 notes
Gaston Kaboré’s film Zan Boko explores the conflict between tradition and modernity, a central theme in many contemporary African films, such as Keita and Ta Dona. It tells the poignant story of a village family swept up in the current tide of urbanization. In doing so, Zan Boko expertly reveals the transformation of an agrarian, subsistence society into an industrialized commodity economy. Zan Boko is also one of the first African films to explore the impact of the mass media in changing an oral society into one where information is packaged and sold. The film provides viewers with a unique opportunity to see our own televised civilization through the eyes of the traditional societies it is replacing. via
11:30 pm 135 notes
10:02 am 499 notes
4:24 pm 16 notes
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun (Robert Parrish, 1966)
12:00 pm 18 notes
11:59 am 10 notes